just a place for ideas and thoughts, things that happen and things that i imagine, a place to record my journey and an attempt to catch some of the things that go through my head : )

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A note from Meike

Hey guys, this is a wee note my room mate Meike wrote for me to help me get started on my blog. See I got a blog a REALLY long time before I put anything on it, so she wrote this for me and I just found it. So you can get an inside scoop on what its like to be my room mate : )

hope you're so rad!

Hello Folks
This is Meike, Amy’s room mate. I got her into this blog thing, but I think she needs to get a hand in keeping it up.
So here’s some news for ya!
We’ve been doing a lot of practice and Amy has even gone for the extra workouts (that are optional) most of the time. Then somewhere randomly on a day either one will pass out in the middle of studying and have the other one wake her up to go to class…
She’s been doing her job, sitting behind a desk and waiting for people to come and swim. She talks to them, receives and returns cards, and supposedly has really interesting conversations and is getting to know some of these people rather well. So well even that TWO! of them asked her out the other day! How sweet is that! So Amy is supposed to go dance somewhere in the near future.. I’l have to keep an eye on her!
So.. she’s busy, and in between activities she tries to make some time to spend with God. Or maybe it’s the other way around, she spends time with God and plans everything else around that! She’s managing very well though! LOL
This weekend there is a retreat and they are going up into the mountains with a whole lot of other Christians. She’s really looking forward to it and I think it’ll be good to get out of here for a bit. I met some of the girls that are going and I reckon it’s going to be a great weekend.
She has taking up giving bible study get-togethers (I don’t know if she used to do that before, at home) but she keeps them in our room and I am rather fascinated. It teaches me a lot and it’s nice to have everyone around. She goes to Cru, I don’t know if that is something common, but it seems like a mass to me. I’ll be going with her to see what it is like sometime soon.
At the end of the day before we turn out the lights we usually have a little quiet time because we both keep a diary and sometimes we end up discussing things just then. Or we just pass out due to lack of sleep.
She has seemingly mastered the art of riding on a moped.. it took a while to get over her fear and the speed limit ;) but she can now be found racing across Dole Street (where we live) and around the pool! Go Amy! Once I get my bicycle I’ll catch up with you!
What else.. well I think this should have helped he on her way, and I probably missed out on a lot of things so she will be motivated to correct me! Let’s have it Amy!!!

No comments:

stopthetraffik