just a place for ideas and thoughts, things that happen and things that i imagine, a place to record my journey and an attempt to catch some of the things that go through my head : )

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Where Am I?

So, I'm not exactly sure why because I thought that I was a travelling machine and was not the kind of person to suffer from jet lag or have trouble adjusting to time differences, but I guess after a couple of months of only being in one time zone for 2 weeks max takes its toll on even the machiniest machines...





We're in LA at the moment on our last road trip before our conference finals. We had a big win last week against Cal (10-9) which means that if we win our next 3 games then we probably won't cross over with them at MPSFs (conference finals) which means we have a really really good chance of going to nationals. So I really hope that we can do it. Our game against Cal was pretty good, I must say it was a bit of an out of body experience for me, we just got back from Melbourne the day before (10 hr flight) and were pretty dead. And somehow I managed to score 3 goals so I guess I should do that more often? I'm really glad we pulled it together for that game, it showed us what we're capable of - we created a lot on offense and did some really good defense so even though I think we could have won by a bit more, everyone is a bit more excited now. Today we played Santa Barbara and we were up by like 4 goals the whole game and then in the last 4 minutes they came to within one goal, luckily we managed to keep it together for the last minute and come away with the win. It was a bit disappointing because we were in control the whole game and the goals they scored at the end were just from foolish errors (mostly mine). But live and learn right? So on thursday we play CS Northridge and Saturday we play Hartwick and Cal Baptist. It will be good to see the kiwi girls again and have a wee catch up after worlds again. I kinda miss them.





The end of worlds was fun. We lost to brasil - we got wasted by brasil. We lost like 14-9 or something horrible like that. It was a horrible game, we were up 4-1 after the 1st 1/4 and then I duno what happened everything just started falling apart. We started yelling at eachother and stuff, which never happens, and yea it sucked. But we had a big talk after the game and sorted everything out and came together for the last game against Germany, which we lost in over time 10-9. Another disappointing loss but at the same time, it was a good, hard fought game and everyone was forced to give their best. So we came 12th at the 12th FINA world championships.






Our last night in Melbourne was a lot of fun, I even went out! I was even the last one standing! We were hanging out with the Kiwi guys and also the South African guys and it was a lot a lot of fun. I am a sucker for a safa accent and they were pretty good lookin and none of them were sleazy I just had the best time dancing the night away. The next day we had a bit of a sleep and a bit of a gossip session with everyone about the previous night's events and then were off on the plane back to Hawaii.

School hasn't been too hard to catch up on, just had a couple of essays to write and now have like 3 exams to make up but hopefully they'll be ok. I'm just really gutted that we're always coming and going, I don't have much time at all with my friends who are graduating which is really sad. But at least I know to cherish the times we do get together. I just feel a little disconnected - a month is a long time to be away in the middle of a semester and then to only be around every other week, it's hard. But such is life. This time is so weird, it's like high school all over again exept now we have to be grown up once we graduate and start making the right decisions and scary stuff like that. Lucky for me I think I still have a few months before I have to find my way in the big wild world.

No comments:

stopthetraffik