just a place for ideas and thoughts, things that happen and things that i imagine, a place to record my journey and an attempt to catch some of the things that go through my head : )

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

small change

it was graduation the other day, it was pretty cool. ok so it was a long and boring ceremony but it was also graduation day of about 15 people I know so I kept myself occupied looking out for everyone.
i kinda feel like i'm a little bit in mourning at the mo, it's guna be so strange being here without these peeps who have been my support network since i got here. who have seen me grow up a little bit and been with me the whole time and who know things about me better than i know myself i think. it's hard being the one who is being left behind... usually i'm the one who leaves! feeling a little left behind, they're all going out to their amazing lives and i know they're each guna change the world in their own way and rock the world of those around them. i forget my own little mission and purpose when everyone is moving on to the next chapter, i have to remember i'm here now and i still have to make the most of it because this too is going to come to an end pretty quick and there is a whole year of life to live before then!
so last night we went out for dinner with the roomies to dukes. the poor girls, em and myself went for a run before we met up with them, thinking there would be like a 40min wait and we'd get there in time for the table, but they wouldn't seat anyone till the full party was there so they'd been waiting like a whole hour for us and then had to wait like another 20mins once we got there. felt so bad for them, sorry girls! by the time we sat down we didn't even converse or reminisce, everyone was so hungry we just stuffed our faces and then left! at least it was amazing food. i love dukes! mmm salad bar...
so i'm going home in 3 days for like a week then we're off to china for a week and then back home for like a month or so. so that will be awesome. i'm excited to go to china again, last time was fun but there was a definite culture shock, this time i feel a lot more prepared and ready to experience it. i also have 2 friends who are guna be in beijing (like an hour and a half from where we'll be) and they will be there for a couple of days with not much to do so i'm trying to convince them to come see me so that would be flippin sweet!
And then when I get home there are people to catch up with and weddings to help plan and get excited about! and a job to find and the task of figuring out how to get around and do all this without a car. as much as i would love to improve my bicycling skills, from manurewa to town is just a wee bit far... although it would be amazing training and i would get a lovely bottom out of it.
anyways must be off, things to do and organise before the day is already over.

love the ones you're with

A

1 comment:

Coralee de Freitas said...

So excited you are coming home!! yay yay yay!
(oh and my name is C.J. now so my identity may only be known to my friends!)
love ya xx

stopthetraffik